Have you ever wondered if all of those “I am” statements you see and hear all over social media are real or a bunch of BS? I get it. How is repeating a bunch of words and sentences supposed to make a difference in your life? They’re just words, right? Wrong! Confidence affirmations are the real deal and can make profound, lasting changes in your life when you know how to use them correctly. You’ve probably seen and have heard a plethora of personal anecdotes about how positive affirmations have changed someone’s life, but they are scientifically proven to be beneficial.
Yes, looking in the mirror and telling yourself positive things about who you are and what you can do can be a bit weird and off-putting at first, but with consistent practice and patience, you will start to feel more comfortable with them. As your comfort level and consistency increase, you will start to see extraordinary changes in how confident, happy, and healthy you feel.
What Are Affirmations?
Daily affirmations are positive, affirming statements about yourself or how you want to show up in the world that you repeat on a daily basis to influence your thoughts. If you can positively influence your thoughts, you can positively impact your habits, and thus positively impact your life. The idea behind repeating affirmations daily is that the more you repeat the affirmation, the more you will start to believe it which will empower you to act as if you believe what you are affirming about yourself. Sure that sounds woo-woo and it is, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. Affirmations are powerful tools to help you create the life you want by creating confidence that you can do the things you desire to do and be the things you desire to become.
How Do Affirmations Work?
Affirmations work by training your mind to challenge any existing beliefs or stories you have about yourself that might be holding you back or causing you to act contrary to what you want. While affirmations may seem too simple to make any actual change to your life (what is repeating a phrase to myself every day really going to do?), the fact of the matter is that when done correctly, affirmations can be incredibly impactful, particularly when it comes to confidence and professional development.
For example, let’s say you are a person that wants to make friends easily in order to expand your network, so you want to feel calm and self-assured when meeting new people. In this scenario, your story or limiting belief might be that you’re too different, shy, or quirky to connect with people. In this case, you could affirm, “I have a robust social and professional network. I am able to connect with amazing people that share my interests.” The idea is that as you repeat that affirmation every day, over time you will learn how to feel confident that you are able to connect with people and believe your affirmation. This confidence and belief will start to influence how your act when meeting new people. You will start to embody how a socially confident person behaves.
You will start to feel positively in and about your social interactions and that inspires you to attend more networking events or social gatherings. When you keep making more and more positive connections and fostering more good relationships you’ll become more socially confident creating a snowball effect. With enough interactions and a phone full of contacts, the affirmation isn’t something you just tell yourself. It is now your reality. You actually do have a robust social and professional network from connecting with amazing people that share your interests.
The more you say your affirmations and begin to think and act as if you are that, the more possible it feels for you to be whatever you are affirming. That gives you confidence. The more confident you are, the more aware you become of opportunities and possibilities that arise to achieve what you set out to achieve.
5 Ways To Use Daily Affirmations To Get Massive Results
Daily affirmations can massively impact your confidence level and personal beliefs, but not all affirmations are created equal nor are the ways to practice them. If you want your daily affirmations to create real changes in your life these are the things you should keep in mind.
1. Write Your Affirmations As If They’re Already True
In order for your affirmations to be effective you’ll want to write them as if they are already true. This means that you should write them in the present tense. This is why you will usually see affirmations starting with ‘I am…’
For example, instead of saying “I want to be financially free” or “I want to have a career I love” you would say “I am financially free” or “I have a career I love.” The removal of the word want brings what you desire into the here and now. As you say your affirmations, allow yourself to feel what it is like to have the object of desire. Know in your heart that it is already yours and then move through the world in a way that makes that affirming statement true.
2. Be Specific
Affirmations work much better when they are specific. If you simply say “I am successful” what does that mean? How are you defining success? It is going to be hard to see your affirmations working if you aren’t clear on exactly what you’re trying to call forward. This is why you need to be as specific as you possibly can if you want to get real results from your daily affirmations.
As an example, “I am healthy” is far affirmation less powerful than ” I am healthy. I can easily take the stairs no matter how many flights there are and I eat a mostly vegetarian diet.” The more specific you are with creating your affirmations, the easier it will be to see how they show up in your life and increase your confidence.
3. Make Them Personal
You can do a search for confidence affirmations or I am affirmations for women and you will see a myriad of options. This is a great way to get your creative juices flowing, but your affirmations are going to have to be more personal if you want them to be effective.
If you’re not sure how to make your affirmations personal, start to be mindful of what makes you uncomfortable. Do you dread looking at your bank account? Do you feel anxious when you go on a trip? These situations are the perfect places to start with your affirmations by imagining the exact opposite as the foundation for your affirmation. Using the examples I threw out, your affirmations could be “I am fantastic with money. My bank account is never overdrawn” or “I am completely safe. I am mentally, physically, and financially prepared for whatever comes my way.”
4. Be Consistent
As with pretty much everything in life, consistency is key. If you want to see results from your affirmations, you need to practice them on a regular basis. A daily affirmation practice is probably best. Make time every morning to do your affirmations and manifesting routine. The more consistently you practice your affirmations, the quicker you can embody them and get the results you’re looking for.
5. Be Mindful Of How You Practice Your Affirmations
How you practice your affirmations is just as important as what the affirmation is. You have to be mindful of the energy that you are bringing. Your voice, your posture, body language, facial expression, and mannerisms are actually more important than the words themselves. You can not be affirming joy into your life if you look like a sourpuss when you are doing it.
Experiment with different ways to do your daily affirmations. Saying them out loud in front of a mirror is a great way to start because you can literally see how you look saying them, but try different ways until you find what works best for you. You can journal them, record them and play them back to yourself, or even meditate on them. There is no single way to practice affirmations correctly.
Ideas for Confidence Affirmations
As you should know by now, your affirmations should be specific and personal to you and whatever you want to manifest in your life. Understandably, it can be hard to get your creative juices flowing so here are some ideas for confidence affirmations to get you started manifesting whatever your heart desires. Don’t worry if you are a manifesting beginner. Everything gets better with practice.
Affirmations for Self Love and Confidence
- I am completely safe. I am mentally, physically and financially prepared for whatever comes my way.
- I am confident in my ability to change my life.
- I am smart and capable of accomplishing whatever I set my mind and heart to.
- I am resilent and can get trhough anything.
- I have no fear of anything. I do everything well.
- I am a magnet for everything that is good in this world.
- I am allowed to unapologetically show up as my full self.
- I deserve to have whatever my heart desires.
- I am happy and grateful for who I am becoming.
- I have the power and persistance to chagne my life.
- I am free to be my authentic self.
- I am kind to myself and to others. Just because I have a thought doesn’t make it true.
- I am wildly capable of accomplishing whatever I desire.
- I deserve to be cared for.
- I am allowed to choose myself.
- I forgive myself.
- I am mentally strong.
- Everything is working out for my highest and best good.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I am grateful to be able to change the things I can change and accept the things I cannot.
Confidence Affirmations for Beauty & Pretty Privilege
- I am offensively pretty.
- I am so pretty that it is almost painful to look at me, but they do anyway.
- I am getting more beautiful every day.
- Being beautiful comes naturally to me.
- I have clear, smooth skin with no blemishes or scars.
- I am fun to look at.
- I have naturally beautiful hair.
- I have a beautiful soul that radiates love into the world.
- I have a radiant smile and people will go out of thier way to see it.
- Everyone finds me attractive.
- I am a work of art.
- Beauty is all around me.
- I am the standard of beauty.
- I have a face that could launch a thousand ships.
- I am practically dripping with beauty and confidence.
- I have the most beautiful eyes.
- I am so beautiful that it’s intimidating.
- I have a body that stops traffic.
- I am grateful for my attractive features.
- I’m so pretty that I break necks.
Confidence Affirmations for Love and Relationships
- I always meet the right people at the right time.
- I am amazing and people love me. They look for me when I’m not there.
- I am imperfect and still worthy of love.
- My heart is open to love and happiness.
- I am thankful that I get to share this beautiful life with my partner.
- The universe blesses me with love.
- I make friends easily.
- I am surrounded by positive and loving people.
- I am constantly attracting the right people to me.
- I recieve love in abundance.
- I give love in abundance and recieve it in return.
- I am worthy of a healhy relationship.
- The universe blesses me with love.
- I complete myself. Half of me is not missing if I don’t have a partner. I am enough.
- I love and deeply respect my partner.
- It is safe for me to show who I truly am.
- I am so grateful and thankful to have my partner in my life.
- It is safe for me to show who I truly am.
- I am deeply and passionately in love.
- I am safe and supported in my relationship.
Confidence Affirmations for Money & Wealth
- I am about to receive more money than I ever imagined.
- The money I spend will always be replaced with more.
- I pay all of my bills on time and in full.
- I am fantastic with money. My bank account is never overdrawn.
- I have amazing credit. I am never worried about being denied a loan or access to capital.
- I am financially secure. I have enough savings to live normally for at least 3 months with no income.
- I have incomes streams I am total control of.
- Money comes to me freely and easily.
- I attract money in my sleep.
- Every day I attract more and more money.
- I have more money than I currently know what to do with and relish figuring it out.
- I am a money magnet.
- I am grateful for the financial freedom and independence I am constantly manifesting.
- I am open to and deserve the finer things in life.
- I am experiencing wealth as a key part of my life.
- I use money to improve my life and the lives of those around me.
- I am always discovering new ways to recieve more money.
- I contantly arract opportunites for money to go to work for me and grow.
- I am at peace with being wealthy.
- I always have more than enough money to meet my needs.
Affirmations for Health
- My body is fit and in shape.
- I feel amazing.
- My body is healthy and strong.
- I love cooking and infusing my meals with love an joy.
- My body knows how to heal itself and I listen to what it tells me.
- I can eat well without eating perfectly. I am allowed to have fun.
- My mental and physical health are a priority.
- I show up as my best because I am physically active.
- I am elated to be alive.
- My body is perfect as it is.
- I model good health for my family and friends.
- I invest in my health. It is one of the best investments I can make.
- I love seeing how healthy habits improve my life.
- I am empowered to make good choices for my health.
- My body is in perfect health all the time.
- I am happy, healthy, and free.
- My body heals quickly and easily.
- I naturally feel good and healthy.
- Every day in every way I am getting healthier and healthier.
- I have everything I need to live in perfect health.
Like this Post? Pin it for later:
101 Confidence Affirmations and How to Harness Their Power | The Lady Loves Living
Comments are closed.